Our IVF Labs Offer Leading Edge Treatments for Infertility
The IVF laboratory affiliated with the IVFMD fertility centers in Irving and Arlington adds another dimension to our robust fertility treatment capabilities. Under the direction of Dr. Sy Le, our IVF laboratories provide specialized services to patients receiving both basic and advanced reproductive technologies at our fertility centers. Dr. Le is one of the few fertility doctors who are also certified as a high complexity laboratory director (HCLD).
The Function of the IVF Lab
A fertility center’s IVF laboratory provides essential services for patients undergoing fertility treatment. Those services include: IUI and IVF support; genetic testing prior to IVF to ascertain the risks for passing along an inheritable genetic disease; and specialized techniques, such as ICSI, to address male infertility.
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection or ICSI makes it possible for men with very low sperm counts to successfully conceive during an IVF cycle.
Our fertility center embryologists and andrologists offer expertise in:
• Nurturing and maintaining eggs, sperm and embryos during an IVF cycle
• Performing intricate procedures, such as biopsy for preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and preimplantation genetic screening (PGS). PGD and PGS are used to determine the presence of gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis, Tay-Sachs, Sickle Cell, and fragile X.
• Providing testing services, such as semen analysis & HALO sperm testing, to diagnose and treat male infertility.
IVF Lab Services offered at IVFMD
• In vitro fertilization, IVF
• ICSI, intracytoplasmic sperm injection
• PICSI for semen with abnormal DNA fragmentation index
• Embryo biopsy for PGD/PGS
• Egg, sperm and embryo freezing
• Elective fertility preservation for women
• Semen analysis
• Testing for sperm DNA integrity (Halosperm)
If in vitro fertilization is the appropriate therapy for your diagnosis, you can expect that your fertility clinic and IVF lab will vigilantly preserve the optimal environment to culture eggs, sperm and embryos.
The IVFMD lab is meticulously maintained, from the air that filters through the IVF lab to the detailed specimen identification system. Our fertility center and IVF lab achieve national recognition for high standards, and maintain the following industry-leading credentials:
• College of Pathologists (CAP)
• Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART)
Your successful outcome with basic infertility treatment or IVF will require a top-tier IVF lab. Contact our fertility center, with locations in Irving and Arlington, for a consultation with physicians and laboratory professionals who are committed to helping you overcome infertility.